Subject: RE: [emergency] update for EDXL DE xsd and Sample xml

Title: RE: [emergency] update for EDXL DE xsd and Sample xml

Gary et .al

Thank you so much.  I think the example gives a good target message structure.

This means the Schema still needs work.  I was getting warnings in Visual Studio on <namespacedXMLcontent> but though it was an artifact from the inability to resolve the underlying schemas for CAP and UNWD content.  I know this is doable but maybe the attribute for changing namespace has a different construction. I am using the same attribute structure for the <keyXMLContent> and it does not seem to be having problems.

I also, really need a location element in the <contentObject> to identify the location of fixed sensors.  It would also be nice if we could have multiple <values> under a single <valueListURN> which would significantly improve readability and shorten the message length.

David E. Ellis

Information Management Architect

(505) 844-6697

From: Ham, Gary A [mailto:hamg@BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: Sun 8/14/2005 5:14 PM
To: Ellis, David; Michelle Raymond; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

I loaded your XSD.  Xray liked it.

I loaded your sample message.  Xray said it was not valid according to your XSD.
I have attached the screen shot.  Offending location was line the end of line 90
or beginning of line 91 ( between the 2 lines exerpted below):

                <namespacedXMLcontent
xmlns:cap1.0="http://www.incident.com/cap/1.0">
                                <cap1.0:alert
xmlns="http://www.incident.com/cap/1.0">

I have a freeware validator, so it might be my validator, but then so do a lot
of other folks.

R/s

Gary A. Ham
Senior Research Scientist
Battelle Memorial Institute
540-288-5611 (office)
703-869-6241 (cell)
"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who gets
the credit." - Harry S. Truman