Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL_DE - Notes from the meeting to help with minutes and issues list.

On 19 Aug 2005, at 01:49, Michelle Raymond wrote:

> Issue 7: <senderID> definition should be more generic as is
> <explicitAddress>
> Originator: Kon Wilms
> Proposal: change to:
>     Definition:  The unique identifier of the sender.
>     Comments:  Uniquely identifies human parties, systems,
> services, or
>     devices that are all potential senders of the distribution
> message.
> Discussion: The <senderID> is a string and could be in any format if
> not structured as in the existing comments to have the form
> sender@domain-name.
> Proposal: Add the Comment suggested by Kon and leave the rest of the
> comment as is.
> Action: Add to <senderID> Comment.
> Related Action (from Issue 6): Put in a valid MAC ID example
> (Michelle)

Agree with Kon.
<senderID> should be more generic - propose it be defined as a URI.

> Issue 8: Add a scoping element to disambiguate <explicitAddress>
> schemes
> Originator: Art Botterell
> Discussion: This needs to be done.  It can be done as an attribute or
> a container.
> Proposal: change to container structure:
>     <explicitAddress> *
>         <explicitAddressScheme> 1 <--- type = xsd:string  def: use
> examples
> - email, USMTF (for military use) , etc...
>         <explicitAddressValue>  + (--- type = xsd:string
>     </explicitAddress>
> Action: Modify Schema (Dave), Modify Spec (Michelle),  Modify chm
> (Sylvia)

Why not reuse:

       <valueListUrn>valueListUrn</valueListURN>
       <value>value</value>

here?

> Issue 3: restructure <contentObject>
> originator: Michelle Raymond (based on emails and live discussions)
> Discussion: Considered different structures and which elements were
> only for xml or non-xml content.
> Proposal:
> <contentObject> *
>        <contentDescription>
>        <contentKeyword> *
>        <originatorRole> *
>        <consumerRole> *
>        <confidentiality>
>        {choice} 1
>                <nonXMLContent>      <- (mimetype restr documented
> in header)
>                        <mimeType> 1 (REQUIRED)
>                        <size>
>                        <digest>
>                        <uri>
>                        <derefUri>
>                </nonXMLContent>
>                <xmlContent> (namespace here)
>                        <keyXMLContent>
>                        <embeddedXMLContent>
>                <xmlContent>
> </contentObject>

What is the difference between these two:

   <keyXMLContent> and <embeddedXMLContent>
?

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.