Subject: RE: [emergency] Fwd: OASIS EM TC Category for EDXL standards

I hope this group recognizes that there are additional vendor organizations that represent the target community.  My perspective is that EIC and the IJIS Institute should be working closely together on these kinds of efforts, and that both of them together will provide you with a much more significant and appropriate base to your effort.

Paul S. Embley

Practitioner Resource Group

G&H International Services, Inc.

202.250.3498 (office)

202.288.3380 (cell)

502.695.0055 (fax)

pembley@ghinternational.com

From: Tom Merkle [mailto:TMerkle@capwin.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 9:54 AM
To: Elysa Jones; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Some suggestions:

Current Document Wording:

The Contractor may be required to join the Emergency Interoperability Consortium (EIC) (www.eic.org) which DHS has a Memorandum of Understanding with and communicates to the vendor community concerning the EDXL standards.

Suggested Change:

The Contractor is encouraged to join the Emergency Interoperability Consortium (EIC) (www.eic.org) which DHS has a Memorandum of Understanding with and communicates to the vendor community concerning the EDXL standards.

Questions:

Should the version numbers of DMIS, CAP, and EDXL be included in the document? I believe they should be included.

Who is responsible for checking the vendor for compliance with EDXL? Will there be an independent certifying group (such as Wi-Fi) to ensure functional compliance?

Regards,

Tom Merkle

CapWIN:        www.capwin.org

Phone:          (301) 614-3720