Subject: RE: [emergency] EDXL DE - XML Schema Issue

I've looked over the list below, and I didn't find any show stoppers,
since a couple of the major items are still largely stylistic
differences in composing the XSD, which I would suggest tend to creep
into this work every time the initial work is done by an individual,
which tends to make us automatically write schema that define
elements locally and and lack a root element because, when we start
out, we just want to get a starting point that validates locally so
we can keep on writing. I dread bringing this up, since I went
through the Requirements Document Template effort, but I think we
need to develop one or two Specification Schema Templates as well as
DOMs and Data Dictionaries that are automatically linked and
generated as we develop them--as starting points from now on, such
that we start with a root element, define our elements globally, and
define our attributes, when we think we absolutely must dip into that
pit of vipers, as attributeGroups, etc. Of course, that's just that
way I do it, and I really don't want to volunteer for this at this
time since I am recovering from an illness and I already have my
plate full again.

However, as long as I am not attempting to do this for the EDXL_DE, I
can put it on my plate as another task that I will get to, perhaps in
time for the EDXL_RM, though I wouldn't want to be on the hook for
that yet.

Ciao,
Rex