Subject: keyXMLContent Versus embeddedXMLContent

I must admit, I am confused as why we need the <keyXMLContent> element
since all the elements will be repeated in the <embeddedXMLContent>?

The DE does not define which elements (since it can't) that are
repeated.

You then need to ask, if two systems agree to put <aaa:foo> element
in the <keyXMLContent>
element, then what benefit is there to just saying that the <aaa:foo>
element is in the
<embeddedXMLContent> element (which it always will be)...The
processor will still need to read
and validate all elements.

Alternatively, if one system puts  <aaa:foo> element in the
<keyXMLContent> element
(and nobody else understands this) then what are recipient systems
supposed to do with that "key" element?

(I am assuming the DE is not supposed to make any assumptions on the
payload...)

Any enlightenments?

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.