Subject: RE: [emergency] FW: Updated EDXL Comments spreadsheet

Please add the attached issues I forwarded to the group last week.

Thanks,

Tim Grapes
Evolution Technologies, Inc.
DHS Disaster Management egov Initiative
Office:  (703) 654-6075
Mobile:  (703) 304-4829
tgrapes@evolutiontechinc.com
tim.grapes@associates.dhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:53 AM
To: swebb@gefeg.com; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Sylvia, Everyone,

Dave sent this out during our last meeting. I believe it is the
latest version of the issues list with all of the dispositions. I
hope Julia's notes can clear up the resolution of Renato's issues as
much as we can settle those, because he was working without the
issues list dispositions, particularly the three sensor message
types. Perhaps someone can help with my teflon memory on Renato's
questions. I believe we may not be able to answer them until we have
a version of the schema with the missing message types and anything
else that may have been missed due to not having the complete
dispositions on the last issues list.

Ciao,

>Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:42:44 -0700
>From: "Ellis, David" <dellis@sandia.gov>
>To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
>Subject: [emergency] FW: Updated EDXL Comments spreadsheet
>
>ALL
>
>This is what Tom sent out.
>
>David E. Ellis
>Information Management Architect
>(505) 844-6697

OASIS
>at:

--- Begin Message ---

This has been raised before, but I suggest we add this to the DE issues list for discussion and formal disposition.

ISSUE 1 - Multiple payloads / distribution types

DE can carry multiple payloads, and I just now see a change that shows that DistributionType can be one or MANY as it should be (so that different payloads in the same DE may have different distrType).   E.g. A DE with 2 payloads – one payload may be a “response” and the other be a “request”.  This is a valid requirement, but then requires a way to associate distibutiontype(s) with different payloads.  There are also other business needs to relate together multiple payloads within the same distribution.

  1. Formalize a business rule where payloads must always have the same DistributionType.  Otherwise, separate messages must be created for each, or
  2. How to associate things to payloads?  Perhaps add an element to the DE contentObject segment called something like "contentID", providing a unique way to identify each payload?

ISSUE 2 – Incident Identifier and Description 1 or many?

Same issue as above.  If the business rule above is implemented, then multiple payloads within a DE need to be related to the same incident.  Otherwise, need a way to relate Incident ID’s and Desc’s with each payload (the “contentObject” thought above?).

Thanks,

Tim Grapes

Evolution Technologies, Inc.
DHS Disaster Management egov Initiative