Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL)Distribution Element, v. 1.0 Committee Draft (EDXL_DE_Spec_v1.0(6).doc)uploaded

Hi Patti, All,

My Answers/Opinions inline.

At 11:12 PM +0000 12/28/05, patti.aymond@ieminc.com wrote:
>Revisions have been made to the EDXL-DE Spec and the DOM, Data Dictionary,
>and schema has been cross-walked for consistency. Below are a few points
>that need further TC discussion:
>
>Page 2  Notices
>  Should Copyright  OASIS Open 2005. All Rights Reservedbe changed to
>Copyright  OASIS Open 2006. All Rights Reserved

Should probably be changed to Copyright OASIS Open 2005, 2006 All
Rights Reserved

>Page 10  DOM
>  Should the contentObject be a required element?

I don't recall us making it so. Common sense says it should be
required since it is, presumably, the reason for there to be a
message that needs to use the DE. However, in fact, the DE itself
doesn't need it since it is only concerned with routing information.
(Pretty wishy washy, eh?) My opinion is no.

>Page 22 - <contentObject>
>  Added comment 2. The <contentObject> may have an optional attribute that
>defines a namespace prefix which resolves ambiguous element names.

That's what I recall we decided, although we might want to use the
word "specifies" rather than "defines" but I sure wouldn't argue
about it.

>Page 26 - <signature>
>  Optional xsd:any element added to the <contentObject> structure

That's what I recall we decided.

>Page 28 - <contentData>
>  Should the Type be xsd:string or xsd:base64Binary

I don't recall exactly, but my opinion is it's MimeType-specific and
MUST be Either-Or if used. I still wouldn't argue about it since I
believe xsd:base64Binary will work.

>Page 29 <keyXMLContent> & <embeddedXMLContent>
>  This has changed from MAY use once and only once to May be multiple
>Page 37
>  Is there anything in the example that should not be included in the spec?
>Should this example be broken out into several examples?

I think tis a job for SuperCookBook.