Subject: Re: [emergency] resending of Signing and Encryption of contentObject

David (et al),

XML Signature and XML Encryption can both be used on any arbitrary
piece of XML content.
There is no need to add additional elements. In fact, it is probably
not a good idea as
we should allow for the ability to encrypt/sign *any* part of an EDXL
message, including the
payloads, and the entire message it self.

(As an example, see the XML Encryption article <http://
www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-seclay2/>)

So, I would propose that we do not need to add any additional
elements (since none are needed)
and that we support one <xmlContent> element as I outlined here [1].

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)

[1] <http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/email/
archives/200512/msg00013.html>

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.