Subject: RE: [emergency] FW: Suggestion: Add incidentKeyword tocontentObject

Patti

Attached are slides from the briefing on application of EDXL Distribution to the National Alerting Framework.  Since we have an evolving Publication/Subscription infrastructure, I need to work with Tom Merkle how to explain the theory/best practices and not over explain implementation details.

In the slides you will see color coding of EDXL-DE elements and how they are proposed to be used by Alerting Framework.

  • Yellow is only important for Time to Live and Reply messaging.
  • Orange means being applied at the edge to restrict delivery to authorized recipients.
  • Pink means being used to assemble Collections of Interest (COI) for core message routing fabric.
    • This is a work in progress and we have significant findings on valueListUrn creation and usage.
  • Light Blue means a special case for external distribution systems (e.g. e-mail) or special Alerting Framework Web services routing (design in progress).
  • Dark Blue means actual Payload (may need to pick a different color).
  • The Green is still being evaluated for functionality (e.g. contentDescription is being used be Alerting Framework for GIS hover display of in route EDXL DE contentObjects).

As you can see, the green IncidentID and incidentDescription have not functionality in either explicit of Pub/Sub distribution.  In fact, if we could predict incidents in advance and add them to a valueListURN/value pair for determining distribution during incidents, the TC should go to Las Vegas and win enough money to retire.

IncidentID should be assigned by appropriate authority during actual Incidents and used in Payloads distributed by the EDXL-DE.  I believe this was Art’s comment when we added it.

David E. Ellis

Information Management Architect

(505) 844-6697