Subject: RE: [emergency] FW: Suggestion: Add incidentKeyword to contentObject

Mark,

The committee discussed this at length when we were together in NO last May. The decision was made at that time to put that type of routing information as a valuelistURN/valueList pair in the keyword field.

Patti

From: Mark Carlson - Conneva, Inc. [mailto:conneva@gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 1/28/2006 4:17 PM
To: Ellis, David; Aymond, Patti

David,

I am not able to post messages to the group so will just reply to you and Patti.

My proposal was to add an incidentKeyword with valueListURN/valueList pair that would be used to classify the incident, not to use the valueListURN/valueList pair to identify the incident.  If it makes sense to have incidentID and incidentDescription, then adding a way to classify the incident also makes sense and adds value.  I am working on a resourcing application in which different business logic / routing rules will apply based on incident type.  Sure, I can design a contentObject payload that contains incidentID, desription and keyword information, but as the ID and description are already present in the DE, that is counter-intuitive.  I'm not convinced incident fields belong in the DE, but if they do, then a way to categorize the incident seems necessary.

Regards,

Mark Carlson