Subject: RE: [emergency] FW: Suggestion: Add incidentKeyword to contentObject

Title: RE: [emergency] FW: Suggestion: Add incidentKeyword to contentObject

Whoops – somehow I missed that change along the way.  In fact, during the most recent review (1/16/06) Elysa asked me whether a related issue I submitted was satisfied and I responded “yes” based on the committee decision to install that business rule.  Thus, this means that the issue I submitted in fact has not been addressed…  In response to this issue, the business rule was added stating that the DE may contain only one contentObject, to eliminate the related complexities.

I don’t want another 60-days, but now don’t understand the resolution offered.

Thanks,

Tim

------------------

(Submitted 11/29/05)

ISSUE 1 - Multiple payloads / distribution types

DE can carry multiple payloads, and I just now see a change that shows that DistributionType can be one or MANY as it should be (so that different payloads in the same DE may have different distrType).   E.g. A DE with 2 payloads – one payload may be a “response” and the other be a “request”.  This is a valid requirement, but then requires a way to associate distibutiontype(s) with different payloads.  There are also other business needs to relate together multiple payloads within the same distribution.

1- Formalize a business rule where payloads must always have the same DistributionType.  Otherwise, separate messages must be created for each, or

2- How to associate things to payloads?  Perhaps add an element to the DE contentObject segment called something like "contentID", providing a unique way to identify each payload?

ISSUE 2 – Incident Identifier and Description 1 or many?

Same issue as above.  If the business rule above is implemented, then multiple payloads within a DE need to be related to the same incident.  Otherwise, need a way to relate Incident ID’s and Desc’s with each payload (the “contentObject” thought above?).

Tim Grapes

Evolution Technologies, Inc.
Disaster Management egov Initiative

Science and Technology Directorate/OIC