Subject: Creating an XML.org Focus Area

OASIS Emergency Management TC:

As you may be aware, OASIS is in the process of launching a series of
XML.org Focus Areas based on specific OASIS Standards. The DITA XML.org
Focus Area (http://dita.xml.org) was launched in March, and a Focus Area
on UDDI is in underway.

Focus Areas provide technical and educational materials, collaborative
workspaces, and discussion areas. They each contain three major sections
of content:

1) Knowledge Base (KB) pages, which provide a reliable technical and
educational background on the standard;

2) Today pages, which serve as a community bulletin board and directory
where readers share topical information and recommend useful resources
(e.g., news, events, testimonials, case studies, product listings,
blogs, forums, polls);

3) Wiki pages, which enable the public to dynamically collaborate on
documents and add new pages to the site through a wiki interface.

I think there would be great interest in the community for a CAP/EDXL
XML.org Focus Area. I've attached a guidelines document that provides
more information on what's involved. If members of the OASIS Emergency
Management TC would like to discuss the project in San Francisco next
week, via email or on a future TC call, please let me know.

Best regards,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
Voice: +1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability, 9-12 May, San
Francisco http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/

FA-create-guidelines-06-04-25.pdf