Subject: CIO Council--Some Not so Good News

Hi Folks,

I thought I would send along an FCW News item:

Bush rescinds order that created CIO Council
http://www.fcw.com/article94533-05-16-06-Web&newsletter%3Dyes

I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions. Definitely Unwonderful.
Now, lessee, in whose interests would it be for Executive Branch CIOs
to be unable to communicate regularly across agency boundaries?
Hmmmnnnnn. I wonder if this is linked to recent developments like the
closing of the FEAPMO, Federal Enterprise Architecture Program
Management Office, in favor of CORE.gov?

Who needs enterprise-wide, branch-wide thinking, when you can
concentrate on a bunch of nifty gadget-features called components?
Who cares if they are compatible? Who cares if they support open
standards? Who cares if they steal taxpayers blind?

They're really, really cool features. Just sign right here and take
ownership of the whole pig,lipstick and all. Oh, by the way, we'll be
making this obsolete next year, but don't worry, we'll have a whole
buncha new features, just look em up in that there list. Don't worry
about how to connect em all up. We'll take care of that next year,
too, for just a few bucks more, of course.

Methinks we need to find ways to shine some light into some back
rooms and turn over a few rocks to see what crawls out from
underneath. Can anyone say Enron?

Sheesh!