OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

emergency message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Fwd: RE: IPR Transition?

TC Members,

Please find the note below from Mary McRae about the IPR transition.  We each need to review this with your organizations' primary representative.  I would like for us to discuss this on our next EM-TC call (6/27) with the objective of setting the time table and to select the IPR mode for the TC.


Hi Elysa,
  Here's a link to the transition policy.
  Basically each member organization needs to consult with their primary rep as to the preferred IPR mode. Individuals vote for themselves. Once there is consensus, the TC votes to move forward with a transition ballot for mode X. Once you notify me that the TC has voted to start a transition ballot, I have to wait at least 30 days before starting the ballot. The primary reps for each organization, along with individual members, vote. Ballot remains open for 14 days. 14 days after ballot closes, the new IPR mode goes into effect.
  The Board is getting anxious that every TC is going to end up trying to transition at the same time, creating a logicstical nightmare for staff so we're trying to get them completed sooner rather than later. There's never a good time, and it does take away from the technical work, but once it's out of the way you don't have to think about it again :-)

From: Elysa Jones [ mailto:ejones@warningsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:08 AM
To: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: IPR Transition?

I'll try to get something to you.  We did not discuss in SF with so much else going on.  We will have a call today and I will put it on the agenda.  Where is the best place for me to go for a quick review?  Elysa
At 07:46 AM 6/12/2006, you wrote:
Hi Elysa,
  The last time we talked about this the TC was planning to discuss at the F2F in SF. Has the TC thought about transitioning yet? When and what mode?
  If you can provide me with a quick update this morning (before 1pm ET) that would be awesome!!!
Thanks :-)

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]