Subject: Re: [emergency] Draft TC Letter on HazCollect

On Jun 13, 2006, at 6/13/06 6:28 PM, Rex Brooks wrote:
> We should probably also acknowledge the current (temporary?) lack
> of a certification program backed by a rigorous "compliance
> testing" regimen.

Again, that strikes me as elaborating to the point of undermining our
own credibility.  The immediate importance of NOAA correcting an
acknowledged problem really doesn't depend on whether or not we have
a "compliance testing" process in place.  The latter is a legitimate
concern, but it's our problem, not NOAA's.

The Admiral is a busy man, and I'd recommend showing him the courtesy
of sticking to the point.

- Art