Subject: FW: [dm-open-sig] Announcing OPEN SIG Meeting,Wednesday June 21,2006 - 12:00 Noon EDT

I promised an invite to the DM OPEN NWEM interface. So, see below:

Primary discussion will be:
1. Contents of the actual interface specification
2. An NWEM and CAP compatible XML example with instructions in the form of comments.

To make sense of this meeting, you will need to understand programming, CAP, and XML, so most TC members should be fine, but please remember that this is a technical meeting for technical people.  The meeting is designed to allow progammers to accurately estimate the work that they will need to build an NWEM client for their system.

R/s

Gary A. Ham
External Systems Interoperability Coordinator
Disaster Management Program
Open Platform for Emergency Networks
540-288-5611 (office)
703-869-6241 (cell)
"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman

From: dm-open-sig@smtp.BATTELLE.ORG [mailto:dm-open-sig@smtp.BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 10:29 AM
To: Ham, Gary A

[Replies to this message go the list. If you wish to reply to the author only, please change the address]
---

The OPEN SIG Mail List is a moderated discussion list available for program announcements, your questions, comments, and feedback.  See the footer at the end of each message for further information about the list.

The next meeting of the OPEN Special Interest Group (SIG) will be Wednesday 21 June at 12:00 EDT.  We will meet via MS Live Meeting and a conference bridge (see instructions below).

The focus of our meeting will be the HazCollect interface planned for OPEN with an understanding that all requirements belong to the National Weather Service (NWS).  As developers, we want to try and anticipate what is coming so that we can have our systems ready as soon as possible. At this meeting, you will be provided a first look at a draft of the specific data structure requirements for a Non-Weather Emergency Message as we expect them to be. A couple of changes may happen but the essential nature will be provided. Documentation will be in the form of a schema-validated CAP 1.1 message that meets the requirements.  Each tag in the message will be commented with any special instructions that are needed.

Prior to the Wednesday 21 June meeting, please check out the Live Meeting and conference bridge instructions for participation. If you have not used Live Meeting before, please follow the instructions and check your access well in advance of the scheduled meeting.  We look forward to seeing and talking with you next Wednesday!

http://www.emforum.org/DMIS/DMIS-SIG/Meetings/LiveMtgInstruct.doc

Gary A. Ham

External Systems Interoperability Coordinator

Disaster Management Program

Open Platform for Emergency Networks (OPEN)

540-288-5611 (office)

703-869-6241 (cell)

"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman

---
dm-open-sig@list.dmi-services.org
You are currently subscribed as: hamg@battelle.org
Access the Web interface or change your list settings at:
http://list.dmi-services.org:8080/read/?forum=dm-open-sig
leave-dm-open-sig@list.dmi-services.org
For assistance, please contact asebring@emforum.org