OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

emergency message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [emergency] Em-Msg SC Recommends TC vote on HAVE as Committee Draft for Public Review

Rex and Elysa,

Yes, that is correct.  We will provide the document to Dr. Bass in
parallel and solicit any additional input from him prior to the next TC
meeting.  My understanding is that Sukumar will send the document/request,
and Tom can also make contact to help this along.


> Hi Elysa,
> Thanks for the reminder.
> I wasn't taking notes for the minutes for this meeting, but as I
> recall, we were going to send it to Dr. Bass at the same time it is
> uploaded to the document repository so that he would have the same
> amount of time to review it as the TC.
> That's not much time, but considering that we have a 60-day public
> comment period, if we waited until the first TC meeting in September,
> public comment would not start until late September/start of October,
> leaving us with the task of attempting to muster the OASIS-wide votes
> for approval either in the teeth of December or January. Those are
> two of the worst months to get anything done, along with August,
> where we are now.
> Hence, the decision to send it out for public comment sooner rather
> than later, also the reason behind scheduling another 3-hour working
> session on the RM for this coming Monday. It's  a killer schedule but
> I don't see how else we can move this along at the pace we think we
> need, while assuring the quality we require, too.
> Cheers,
> Rex
> At 10:14 PM -0500 8/10/06, Elysa Jones wrote:
>>Didn't we want Dr. Bass to review before we proceeded to public comment?
>> Elysa
>>At 04:56 PM 8/10/2006, Rex Brooks wrote:
>>>Hi Everyone,
>>>The EM Msg & Notifications SC has voted unanimously to recommend
>>>that the HAVE specification be approved for public comment as a
>>>committee draft ready for public review.
>>>Sukumar is making a couple of typographical changes, and we are
>>>adding the same wording as the RM Requirements Supplement to both
>>>HAVE and EDXL_RM stating that some distribution mechanism that uses
>>>the same distribution types as the EDXL_DE is required. This will
>>>also be reflected in the DOM to denote containment.
>>>Sukumar is going to upload the HAVE specification to the document
>>>repository and we ask that the TC members review it and be ready to
>>>discuss and vote on it, or be prepared to vote on opening an
>>>electronic ballot for it as a Committee Draft for Public Review.
>>>NOTE:This message does not represent the minutes or meeting notes,
>>>but rather an attempt to expedite the process so that we do not
>>>have to wait for the TC meeting after next in order to vote on it.
>>>Rex Brooks
>>>President, CEO
>>>Starbourne Communications Design
>>>GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
>>>Berkeley, CA 94702
>>>Tel: 510-849-2309
> --
> Rex Brooks
> President, CEO
> Starbourne Communications Design
> GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
> Berkeley, CA 94702
> Tel: 510-849-2309

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]