Subject: RE: [emergency] HAVE draft comment posted

I concur with Lee & Tim on getting the EDXL-HAVE into NIEM NDR before we
place it into the OASIS process.

Regards,

Tom Merkle

CapWIN:        www.capwin.org
Phone:          (301) 614-3720
Cell Phone:   (240) 375-1966
Fax:               (301) 614-0581
e-mail:           tmerkle@capwin.org

CapWIN
6305 Ivy Lane Suite 300
Capital Office Park
Greenbelt, MD 20770

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Grapes [mailto:tgrapes@evotecinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:16 AM
To: 'Lee Tincher'; 'Rex Brooks'; 'Elysa Jones';
emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Hey Rex,

I do understand where you are coming from, but my feeling is that now is
the time to adopt the NDR, before we have a release.  The NDR is
conformant to ISO 11179, and I don't think it would be considered a
substantive change - the structure and definitions are the same.  We
would only be changing the semantics.  It should not break existing
applications since HAVE is only a draft, and should only be used to this
point for pilots and demos.

I do believe the time is now to incorporate this, but perhaps I don't
fully understand the argument you put forth. As it stands, the TC has
incorporated naming logic not based upon an NDR.  We're simply
recommending adoption of a specific convention that will cure a lot of
headaches down the pike.

Thanks,

Tim