Subject: Emergency Interoperability Member Section

Dear TC Members,

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Holiday.  On 11/17, the draft meeting notes from our 11/14 were posted.  Our discussion about the member section was summarized.

It seems the following issues were prevalent:

1.  There should be more public safety representation in the EIC if that board is to take on the initial role of the steering committee.  Brought up by Tom agreed to by Rex.  The Public Safety Communication Council and NENA were sited.

Further info:  Chris Cooper is an EIC board member but in addition to his role at IBM, is an Assistant Fire Chief with the Latrobe Fire Protection District under schedule with CDF and has over 20 years of first responder experience.   ComCare is a NENA member.  The First Response Coalition might be joining the EIC.

How should we reach out to other organizations or should the EIC?  How should they participate in the steering committee?

2.  Scott McGrath was going to look into the WiFi, OGC Compliance Testing framework which is Open Source as well as the ISO/IEEE Models and report back to the group.

3.  Thoughts on just standing the Member Section up for the mission of developing interoperability demonstrations at first and decide whether the test/certify/compliance piece is something we want to do via the member section at a later time.

Please comment to the list on these topics.  We will have our EM-TC telecon meeting 1/28 at 12:00 EST.

Regards,
Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC
Engineering Program Manager