Subject: Re: [emergency] FW: International Alerting - IETF

This internet draft has expired. Not sure where the actual document is located. However, there is considerable work in the IETF that is related to standards for use in emergency services (such as ENUM, ECRIT, and GeoPRIV working groups).

Cheers

Carl

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 7:38 AM
Subject: [emergency] FW: International Alerting - IETF

I came across this yesterday, and thought I will bring it to the TC’s attention.

Sukumar

2. >From the Membership Director - David McAuley

In addition, ISOC’s Chairman, Fred Baker, and former Chairman, Brian Carpenter, have created an Internet Draft within the IETF process to propose a way in which people could be warned of an impending event in a geographic region. This is similar to and may use services such as the US Emergency Alert System, but differs in that message distribution is targeted only to the affected locality. A URL for this Internet-Draft

is:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-alert-system-00.txt>