Subject: Fwd: Recent work by Study Group 2

Attached below is an update on work by the ITU-D Study Group 2, which is acting as one focal point for standards matters pertaining to telecommunications for disaster management.

BTW, we would like to have CAP alerts for severe weather warning messages as disseminated by the WMO Hong Kong Observatory (HKO, which operates the Severe Weather Information Center http://severe.worldweather.wmo.int/ ). Please let me know if you are aware of work on CAP alerts associated with such WMO warnings.

Thanks,

Eliot

>Subject: Recent work by Study Group 2
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:46:13 +0100
>From: <richard.hill@itu.int>
>To: <pcptdr@ties.itu.int>
>
>ITU-T Study Group 2 has just approved a new Recommendation, E.107, Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS) and Interconnection Framework for National Implementations of ETS.
>
>This is attached.
>
>SG2 has also approved a liaison regarding Cell Broadcasting, this is also attached.
>
>I take this occasion to remind the list that SG2 had previously approved a revision to E.106, International Emergency Preference Scheme (IEPS) for disaster relief operations.
>
>This is available at:  <http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.106-200310-I/en>http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.106-200310-I/en
>
>Best,
>Richard

>Richard Hill