Subject: RE: [emergency] Changes to HAVE Schemas to do Value List stuff

Title: RE: [emergency] Changes to HAVE Schemas to do Value List s
+1

At 9:43 AM -0500 2/28/07, Ham, Gary A wrote:
I like renato's approach for code lists in general.  I would be an improvement to our current thinking.
It is certainly simpler for a human to understand.

Some may have an issue however because it would require string parsing of the element data.

This is a discussion I wish we had five months ago.

Gary A. Ham
Senior Research Scientist
Battelle Memorial Institute
540-288-5611 (office)
703-869-6241 (cell)
"If nobody uses it, it ain't a standard."

From: Renato Iannella [mailto:renato@nicta.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 9:00 PM
To: Ham, Gary A
Cc: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

On 28 Feb 2007, at 05:50, Ham, Gary A wrote:

Does this work????

Looks Ok...

It would be good if we could (one day) work towards all "value lists" using one element
so we end up with:

   <TriageCode>
      <ValueList>urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:have:1.1:triagecolorcode#Red</ValueList>
      <TriageCountQty>15</TriageCountQty>
</TriageCount>

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.