Subject: Re: [emergency] FYI: Briefing for Academy report SuccessfulResponse Start s with a Map: Improving Geospatial Support for DisasterMa nagement."

Title: Re: [emergency] FYI: Briefing for Academy report Successfu
Thanks, Carl,

I will pass it along.

At 1:33 PM -0700 2/28/07, Carl Reed OGC Account wrote:
An academy report I helped with. If you know of anyone who should, please let them know.

Carl

----- Original Message -----
From: Eno, Jared P
To: CATASTROPHE@LSW.NAS.EDU
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 9:02 AM
Subject: Briefing for Successful Response Starts with a Map

Hi all,

A briefing has been scheduled for your recently published report, "Successful Response Starts with a Map: Improving Geospatial Support for Disaster Management.”  At the briefing, Dr. Michael Goodchild will present an overview of the report and provide an opportunity for discussion of the findings and recommendations.  This briefing will be the first of many ways in which we will reach out to the community.

The briefing will be held at:

10:00 AM EST
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Room 204, NAS Keck Center
500 5th St. NW
Washington, DC 20001

You are all invited to attend by phone—apologies to West Coast members for the early start time!  Please let me know if you would like to dial in, and I will provide instructions on how to join.

A list of invitees for the briefing is copied below.  If you have any additional suggestions for invitees, please send them over!

Chuck Croner, CDC
Dan Cotter, Bruce Davis, DHS
Wendy Blake-Coleman, EPA
Paul Rooney, John Perry, FEMA
Steve Ambrose, NASA
Beth Driver, NGA
Tony LaVoi, NOAA
John Kelmelis, State Department
Karen Siderelis, Steve Guptill, Mike Domaratz, USGS
Doug Richardson, AAG
Jim Plasker, ASPRS
John Palatiello, MAPPS
Bill Burgess, NSGIC