Subject: CAP and ITU Recommendation, Meeting Notice

Dear TC Members,

In lieu of getting meeting notes out (will catch up as soon as
possible), I wanted to update you all on the call from
yesterday.  The agenda for the call was specifically to address the
three tasks posted to the list recently with respect to the ITU
Recommendations.

Basically, for the three tasks, we agreed with 1) the corrections
noted on the excel spread sheet were valid with a couple of notes
that I'll finalize and re-post, 2) the references were equivalent, 3)
the ASN.1 schema was appropriate, equivalent and valid.  Although we
agreed with these things in principle, we will have another meeting
in the next couple of days (and when I get the red-line draft
complete) to actually vote the changes.

We are currently looking at adding the ASN.1 schema directly into the
document as 3.5 with appropriate text from the ITU X.CAP2
integrated.  In this way, the OASIS and ITU document can be as
closely aligned as possible.

The TC agrees also that these changes/clarifications/equivalent
coding scheme constitute a non-substantive change to CAP
1.1.  Therefore, we can chose to take action on this as an Errata.

The group agreed to try to make another call on Friday, May 4 at
12:00 EDT.  It is my plan to have the document ready prior to that
time for final review.  Please set this time aside if possible.  If
you are not available at that time and you are a voting member of the
TC, reply to this message with a better date/time for you.  If any of
you have reservations about the approach so far discussed, please
post it to the list.

Warm regards,
Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC