[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Fwd: Re: FEA Updates - CAP and EDXL-DE?
Subject: Re: FEA Updates - CAP and EDXL-DE?
"'John McManus'" <Jmcmanus@doc.gov>,
"Ed Coia" <Ed.Coia@fms.treas.gov>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:13:27 -0400
X-Mailer: Lotus Domino Web Server Release 7.0.2 HF523 April 20, 2007
X-MIMETrack: Serialize by HTTP Server on GEMS-CO-04/CO/GSA/GOV(Release
7.0.2 HF523|April 20, 2007) at 06/21/2007 09:13:27 AM, Serialize
complete at 06/21/2007 09:13:27 AM, Serialize by Router on
SCOG-NOTESSMTP1/GSAEXTERNAL(Release 7.0.2 HF361|February 15, 2007) at
06/21/2007 09:13:30 AM
CAP and ECXL-DE were also part of Dave Ellis' presentation yesterday at the expedition workshop. He's with Sandia Labs. I believe DHS/FEMA adoption is in discussion/being piloted - perhaps POC there would make the submission.
Susan B. Turnbull
Senior Program Advisor
Office of Intergovernmental Solutions
Office of Citizen Services and Communications
US General Services Administration
-----"Owen Ambur" <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net> wrote: -----
- To: susan.turnbull@GSA.GOV, "'John McManus'" <Jmcmanus@doc.gov>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- From: "Owen Ambur" <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>
- Date: 06/20/2007 04:53PM
- cc: "Ed Coia" <Ed.Coia@fms.treas.gov>
- Subject: FEA Updates - CAP and EDXL-DE?
- Susan, technically speaking, they haven’t been promoted to Stage 2 of the ET.gov process yet: http://et.gov/stage2.htm#cops However, I hate to think that it might take another year for the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) and Emergency Data Exchange Description Element (EDXL-DE) to be considered for inclusion in the FEA TRM.
- DHS has a couple folks listed on OASIS’s Emergency Management TC’s membership list: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=emergency
- James Bryce Clark mentioned CAP in his paper for the W3C’s transparency in government forum: http://www.w3.org/2007/06/eGov-dc/papers/Clark-2007-W3-eGov-practicallurches.pdf Besides DHS, it appears that NOAA and USGS might be candidates to propose CAP for inclusion in the TRM.
- Elysa, FYI -- submissions for the next round of updates to the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) models are due by June 29. The submission form is available at http://et.gov/stage4.htm
- Owen Ambur
- Co-Chair Emeritus, xmlCoP http://xml.gov/
- Co-Chair, StratML CoP https://collab.core.gov/CommunityBrowser.aspx?id=6232
- Member, FIRM Board http://firmcouncil.powweb.com/id5.html