Subject: RE: Sample email to interested parties WRT geo enhancements to CAP

A bit tardy :-)

First stab at a letter to interested party to collect additional requirements for geo enhancements to CAP and by extension to EDXL.

Cheers

Carl

Dear < >

CAP has now been widely implemented. As a result, we are beginning to receive considerable feedback regarding implementation experience, especially in the realm of requirements for enhanced capabilities to express additional (and richer) geographic elements. Some suggestions have been to allow additional coordinate reference systems in addition to WGS-84, the ability to encode point, line, and route features, and the ability to reference the output of a plume model have been suggested.

Therefore, in order to document a consistent set of requirements for potential enhancement or extensions to CAP, we are seeking your input and experience. Please note that we are not seeking input on how to change CAP or to implement changes in CAP. We are instead seeking either use cases or new requirements for using/encoding/referencing geospatial content in a CAP message.

Thank you for your help and consideration.

Regards

Carl Reed (CTO, OGC)
OASIS Emergency Management TC GIS SC Chair.

Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
OGC

The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller