Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: Sample email to interested parties WRT geo enhancements to CAP

Delete "have been suggested".

> Therefore, in order to document a consistent set of
> requirements for potential enhancement or extensions to CAP,
> we are seeking your input and experience. Please note that we
> are not seeking input on how to change CAP or to implement
> changes in CAP. We are instead seeking either use cases or
> new requirements for using/encoding/referencing geospatial
> content in a CAP message.

I find the sentence, "we are not seeking input on how to change CAP or to
implement changes in CAP", a little confusing.  Enhancement or extensions
are changes, so in fact we *are* seeking input on how to change CAP.  I
think you are saying that we don't expect people to tell us exactly how to
change the CAP text and schema, but we expect them to send us geospatial
requirements formulated in a general way.  However, I think we should allow
people to tell us what they want in the way they want--it will then be up to
us to decide how to use the information we receive.  I think that in some
cases it may be easier (more convenient) for someone to express a
requirement in terms of a suggested change to the current standard.  That
doesn't mean that we will have to feel obliged to change the standard in
that precise way.  So I think that, yes, we should request new use cases and
requirements, but we should not limit the ways in which people may express
them.

Alessandro