Subject: Re: [emergency] RE: Final draft of the letter to send out forCAP requirements.

(Sorry for the empty note before.)

Since this query seems to extend beyond GIS issues ("enhanced capabilities, clarification of certain elements, and new use cases") I'm wondering whether, if only for clarity, this should come from the TC as a whole over the Chair's signature?

- Art
-----Original Message-----
From: "Carl Reed OGC Account" <creed@opengeospatial.org>
To:  <emergency@lists.oasis-open.org>

Sent: 11/30/2007 2:25:45 PM

Dear EM TC -

The latest version of the letter to send.

We discussed the letter today during the GIS SC call. We would like to send the letter out as soon as possible but want to make sure that we email it to the correct organizations. So we are looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

Carl

Dear < >

CAP has now been widely implemented. As a result, we are beginning to receive feedback from implementation experience, especially regarding requirements for enhanced capabilities, clarification of certain elements, and new use cases.

Therefore, in order to document a consistent set of requirements for potential enhancement or extensions to CAP, we are seeking your input and suggestions based on your experience implementing and using CAP. These could be use cases, requirements for new elements, enhancement to existing elements and so forth. This information will be collated and then used as the basis for discussion and consensus on possible changes and enhancements to CAP and potentially also to EDXL.

Thank you for your help and consideration.

Regards

Carl Reed (CTO, OGC)
OASIS Emergency Management TC GIS SC Chair.

Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
OGC

The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller