Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: CoT / NIEM

Team,

I've been working in the standards process at OASIS for over five years now - on fully half the committees that OASIS has - chairing some - and this is the first time I've encountered something of this nature being posted.

Please - OASIS has guidelines on postings - and this clearly is outside the boundaries of materials focusing on the technical standards and specification development details.

I hope everyone can emphatically agree this stuff should be handled off-line by the chairs and OASIS staff - whom you can contact to voice your concerns and get these matters addressed.  I'd suggest also - committee conference calls should be used to facilitate resolving such matters too.

Hopefully enough said.  I have no idea who all these people are referenced - and frankly it's a rough world out there developing then promoting any standards and implementing them.

There are pitfalls aplenty without digging more for yourself.

I may suggest that outreach materials such as Executive TriFolds, White Papers and so on - should be the focus of the group to align the message.  Such materials when formally approved - not just drafts - provide excellent vehicles for other groups in the arena to also endorse or contribute to - to provide a common and consistent message that reflects the thoughts, goals and asperations of everyone involved.

Again - I've not looked to see what you have already developed in that area recently - but I'd strongly suggest - time to re-focus here?

Thanks, DW

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by". (Douglas Noel Adams 1952 - 2001, author Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)