Subject: RE: [emergency] DE and well formed XML

Rex,

Agreed - non-normative supporting documentation is the way to go with this stuff for now.

BTW - this form rendering stuff is a tar-pit of sizable dimensions.  I've seen folks using XForms, InfoPath, UN/Forms, xhtml, and the list goes on.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
Date: Thu, June 05, 2008 1:06 pm
To: "Lee Tincher" <ltincher@evotecinc.com>,  "'David RR Webber
\(XML\)'" <david@drrw.info>,  "'Rex Brooks'" <rexb@starbourne.com>
Cc: <emergency@lists.oasis-open.org>

The latitude we've given ourselves to provide
various kinds of artifacts and resources within
the general EDXL Reference Information Model
context allows us to do this in our own document
repository or in the Adoption SC repository or
the TC repository. We're working at the
intermediate Level of Abstraction between the
Concrete and the Abstract, so we are staking out
a big territory we can mine.

Where we have to be careful is in the formulation
of the normative specifications themselves
because we are breaking a trail into this
territory, so we don't want to do anything in
those specific documents that will muddy the
waters in terms of what people can expect to find
in the normative specs of the RIM itself.