Subject: Re: [emergency] RE: Recent CBRN Interoperabilityfor Situational Awareness Workshop

We've been stuck on this idea for several years.  The problem, simply
put, is that CAP hasn't been around long enough, and we haven't had
enough experience using it, to actually have a body of "best practices."
 We have plenty of opinions and questions and concerns, but we don't
have enough real-world data to honestly determine what's "best."

That's why I suggested that we start with something more modest.  Those
of us who were involved in developing the spec had, I think, a pretty
clear idea of how the parameter/resource mechanisms would be used, but
it appears that isn't getting through to some of the folks reading the
spec.  So maybe a clarifying restatement of the TC's intent would help.

Rather than continue to talk about some sort of grand overall document
that we don't actually know how to write yet, I'd suggest we start by
actually producing a few small, tightly-targeted documents addressing
particular issues as they come into focus.  Eventually those might be
aggregated into some sort of overall guide, but I'm thinking we'd be
wise to get some experience with walking before we try to run.

- Art

>>> Jacob Westfall <jake@jpw.biz>  >>>
Hi,
	In sorting the CAP comments the Msg SC identified several
comments that fit into a best practices guide.  Should a CAP best
practices guide and/or profile/extensibility guide be started with an
eye to being published sooner rather than later?  Or is this better
handled by some other group since it may be outside the role/focus of
the TC?

--
jake@jpw.biz