Subject: RE: [emergency] Anyone want to discuss EAS-CAP?

All,

I'd like to ask for a moment here.  The IPAWS office in FEMA has done some
work for TC consideration on this and I think they are getting ready to
submit that work to you.  Tim and I will try to get a specific date for you
by COB today.  Could we suspend this for a day or two to make sure we have
the most recent information from IPAWS?

Thanks,
Lee

"I was wondering why that Frisbee was getting bigger - then it hit me."

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:34 AM
To: Jacob Westfall; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Thanks Jacob,

In case anyone wants to review the official record of TC decisions in
regard to this work, Kavi documented that Elysa uploaded the Approved
Meeting Notes in an email:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/email/archives/200808
/msg00002.html

and you can download the Meeting Notes through the link in that
message, and repeated here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/download.php/29005/Ap
proved%20Meeting%20Notes%207-8-08.doc

As noted then, I did not have the time to support this work, but now
that EDXL-RM and EDXL-HAVE have been approved as OASIS Standards, I
can spend some time on this, though at this point I prefer to keep it
informal because OASIS has not yet created the CAP-EAS Profile SC we
approved. It's been on hold since then, and I just want to air some
discussions about how to move forward if and/or when DHS-FEMA-FCC
submit the work to us. I cited the link to the profile recommendation
Monday, but I'm repeating it again today if someone is just beginning
to take notice of this preliminary, informal meeting suggestion:

http://www.eas-cap.org/Recommendation%20EAS-CAP-0.1.pdf

I will write to Sukumar to see if he is still interested in being
co-chair of this (potential) SC and wants to join in the discussion,
if we actually get enough interest to schedule the meeting for next
Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2008 at 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.

If it seems like I'm making all this highly conditional, I am. There
is, as far as I can see, no guarantee that anything is going to
happen, but if it does, I would rather be prepared to move. Also,
since I made the motion to create the SC, I feel obliged to
participate, although to what extent remains to be determined.