Subject: Re: CAP v1.1 IPAWS Public Review Profile 1.01

Hi Elysa,

  After many discussions, it seems the best way forward is to send the revised spreadsheets directly from you, as TC Chair, to the specific groups that you are hoping will provide feedback.

  It's important to remember that *all* work done by OASIS Technical Committees is always publicly available, including documents and email archives. Anyone who is not a member of the TC must always submit any and all feedback through the TC's comment list; they are able to do this at any point in time, not just during a formal Public Review as described in the TC Process.

  All that is necessary at this point - since it really isn't the feedback of the OASIS membership you're seeking, but that of groups who do not currently belong to OASIS, is for you to send an email or letter noting the publicly-accessible URI of the document and that any and all feedback must be submitted through the TC comment list, along with the link to the subscription page.

  I would suggest that you also remind those interested in the work that OASIS *is* open and that they can view the ongoing discussions, see meeting minutes, and updated document drafts at any point in time, and provide feedback, and that they are *encouraged* to do so. Of course having them join OASIS and the TC would be even better.

  Any and all comments that are posted to that list are automatically sent to anyone with the role of chair or secretary. That person, upon receipt, should notify the list that a comment has been received (unless it's spam, a conference notification, or other unrelated information) and include a link to the message in the comment archives. The comment itself should *not* be forwarded to the TC list. Any emails that are sent to individual members of the TC rather than the comment list *must not* be forwarded to the TC list; the sender must be instructed that if they want their feedback to be considered, they must use the comment mechanism. This is to protect the TC from IPR contamination.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions or thoughts.

All the best,

Mary