[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: OASIS InterOp Demonstration at IAEM & EMEX
OASIS Emergency Standards Interop Demo
IAEM Annual Conference & EMEX 09
Interested participants must sign up by 19 October 2009.
OASIS will host an Emergency Standards Interoperability Demo on the exhibit floor of the Emergency Management & Homeland Security Expo (EMEX), held in conjunction with the annual conference of the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM). Members of the OASIS Emergency Management (EM) Technical and Adoption Committees will showcase applications and tools that support the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) and the Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) suite of standards. The demonstration will be a repeat of the scenario used at NIEM last week. Organizations that participated in the NIEM event are encouraged to be involved in EMEX; new participants are also welcome.
OASIS reserved Booth 102, a 20x20’ space in a premium
location at the front of the exhibit floor, http://iaem.networkats.com/members_online/registration/exhfloor.asp?action=exh&mt=AC09&af=IAEM).
We understand that a few interested members already have a presence at EMEX,
while other will be traveling to EMEX solely to participate in our OASIS
demonstration. Organizations and/or companies already participating at EMEX
should contact me directly at
A cost of 2,000 USD per participating company will be allocated to cover costs associated with the exhibit. Each organization will receive all the benefits outlined below. Space will be available for set-up and testing on Monday, 2 November from 8:00-4:00 PM. The show will open for a special reception at 6:00 PM. A minimum number of six participants is required to ensure the floor space availability. Depending on the amount of interest in the interop demonstration, the participant price listed above may increase or decrease slightly.
Interop participants must register with OASIS by 19 October 2009. This is a hard deadline, as costs associated with the demonstration escalate after this date, as well as the interop demo logistics require advance preparation.
The following benefits will be provided to each Interop participating organization:
● One complimentary exhibitor badge per organization (additional booth staff may be reserved for an additional 250 USD)
● One workstation within the OASIS booth (table or counter space, chair, electricity, & internet connectivity)
● Access to conference education sessions, as well as meal/social functions
● An interop demonstration description in the EMEX expo guide
● Company logo on interop booth banner (OASIS will provide all booth signage in order to ensure fairness and consistency)
● Collateral insert in interop packets (materials provided by company)
● Company highlight in OASIS press release (for Foundational and Sponsor-level OASIS members only)
● Inclusion in interop scenario handout to be distributed in booth
● Post-show attendee list
About the Event
More than 1,300 emergency management professionals convened
The majority of the attendees at the IAEM Annual Conference & EMEX Exhibit play a key role in selecting, purchasing and using emergency equipment, supplies, products and services. They include disaster planning and preparedness managers, response coordinators, emergency communications managers, private industry contingency planners, and contract services providers.
Types of Products and Services Exhibited at