Subject: Re: [emergency-sc] Description of problem with TC pages

Hi everyone,

I'm concerned about these concerns and that they haven't been brought to my attention. If something is not correct on the OASIS Standards page someone should let me know so I can get it fixed.

I'm also happy to give recommendations to the TC about the best way reference their schemas so they're always easily found (i.e. use http namespaces rather than urns with accompanying namespace documents that are noted directly on the spec cover page). Second best note the schema location in the 'related work' section on the cover page.

Maintenance of the TC homepage is the TC's responsibility. This is not something that OASIS has the bandwidth to provide. There are templates and instructions; it's pretty simple HTML so anyone with some basic HTML skills can do this. Alternatively it can be uploaded into an HTML editor, the information filled in, and then cut/pasted into the TC page.

Document repositories can't be 'cleaned up'; that is it is against OASIS policy to remove any work of a TC, nor can existing documents be edited in situ. Anyone who is not a member of the TC doesn't see the same view of the document repository as a member; this is something we will resolve with the Kavi replacement system. However the best - and cleanest - resource for finding approved/official TC work remains the docs.oasis-open.org library.

I don't see any reason to spend money on a consultant; I think we need to determine exactly what the problems are, rectify those we can, describe those that cannot be rectified at the current time, and then see what's left on the list to be done either by a volunteer member with HTML skills or an external resource.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
twitter: @fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.