Subject: Face to Face Meetings - NEED FUNDING/COMMITMENT

Friends,

As you know we have been planning and hoping for some extended F2F
meetings to be held along with the upcoming TCIP conference.  The
purpose of these sessions is to further the technical work on
Situation Reporting and the Distribution Element.  We had hoped and
have need for 2 full days for Sit-rep and one full day for the
DE.  While much good work is done in the conference calls, it has
been our experience that meeting face to face for an extended period
typically allows us the time to make huge progress.  Both the Msg/Not
SC for Sit Rep and If SC for the DE felt they were ready for such a session.

We have learned that DHS/S&T will be able to provide one full day of
meeting rooms on Monday 1/1/09 at the TCIP conference.  No other
support for travel, expenses or amenities for the room are going to
be available.  I am willing to bring a speaker phone, overhead PC
projector and Evotechs is able to provide a VOIP phone line for the
day if the hotel cost for a phone is prohibitive.  The hotel has
meeting rooms over the prior weekend that I could secure for $500 per
day and the hotel rooms are $153 per night.  I am going to continue
to pursue any funding source available to try to get the full time we
need to move our work forward.

The Sit/Rep group have agreed to provide their time all day Sat and
Sun to further their work.  Given the lack of funding, I'm asking
this group two things:  1) Are you or your companies willing to also
fund your travel and expenses to go to Philadelphia on Fri, work Sat
and Sun on this Specification?  2) Do you know of any organization
that will help with funding any part of this, e.g., meals, travel, rooms?

The DE meeting will be all day on the Monday prior to the
conference.  Again two questions 1) are you able to attend this
meeting from 8-5 on 1/1/10?  2) Are you aware of any organization
that would help fund any part of this?

Many agencies and of course the public serve to benefit by the work
we are doing in the Emergency Management Technical Committee,
DHS/S&T, DHS/FEMA, D0D, DNDO, NOAA/NWS, DHS/CIO, Environment Canada
as well as all the member companies.  We have the OASIS Member
Section (MS) that is structured to allow for any organization to put
money in the MS to further the work of the technical standards.  I
will likely be able to get the Member Section to provide $2,500
toward the meeting rooms for the weekend and possibly some food
during the sessions.  That is the full amount currently budgeted for
technical work given the money we have.  However, I will lobby for
more during our meeting this Friday.

We are not asking for money to pay travel expenses for those already
planning to attend TCIP, just for those who are not.  We are asking
for money to support the meeting rooms, hotel rooms and expenses
associated with the travel.  For the key participants, my rough
estimation is $8,500 to conduct both Sit/Rep and DE technical
sessions.  The DE only would be on the order of 2,500.  These are
very rough estimates as I do not know how many of your are able to
find some funding source on your own.

If you are a key contributor on either of these Specifications,
please let me know the following:
1) are you planning to attend TCIP in any case?
2) do you have funding to cover the full day meeting on 1/1/10?
3) do you have funding to cover the full days 1/30, 1/31 (Sat/Sun)?

Question to all:
4) do you know of any company or organization that is willing to
share in these expenses to promote the important work of Open
Standards for Emergency Management

Thank you for all the hard work you do.  I know much, if not all of
it for many of us, is volunteer time for which we have no contract
support.  Your contributions are invaluable and are making the world
a better place by promoting the open exchange of data sharing.

Kind regards,

Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC
CTO Warning Systems, Inc.