Subject: RE: [emergency] Face to Face Meetings - NEED FUNDING/COMMITMENT

Rex et. al-
I can provide meetingplace for the three all-day sessions if needed.  I just can't provide 800 number access.

-Don
Office: 315-838-2669
Cell: 315-383-1197
dmcgarry@mitre.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:52 PM
To: Elysa Jones
Cc: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

HI Elysa,

As usual, I have no means for travel and my constituencies are likewise unable to provide such. Also, due to my Cardiologist's schedule, I have had to schedule an appointment for 2/4. So even if I can find travel funding, I won't be able to hang around for the conference.

If I find funding, I would need to schedule my return departure for Tuesday, Feb 2.

I have no problem phoning in, provided my DSL line for Vonage doesn't fail. If that happens, I'm toast unless we have a toll-free number for which I can use Skype on my cable connection.

We should check with Don McGarry to see if he can arrange to provide Cisco MeetingPace support. I suspect that three all-day sessions would be impossible, but we may be able to use dimdim. It gets squirrelly over long connection times, so collaboration could be spotty. However, its better than nothing. Closing down and restarting dimdim is relatively simple and uncomplicated...

If the phone works and we have MeetingPlace, I can work from home fairly efficiently.