Subject: FW: IPAWS Profile Discrepancy

All,

I wanting to thank everyone for their input on this issue and also want
to pass along more information on it:

The difference between a Standard and a Profile notwithstanding, the
specific point is that the IPAWS Profile *document* (any of the
documents under
http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/cap/v1.2/ipaws-profile/v1.0/)

and the IPAWS Profile *schema*
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/cap/v1.2/ipaws-profile/v1.0/pr02/c
apv1.2-ipaws-profile-v1.0-pr02.xsd) don't match.

The documents indicate that <info> is optional, but the schema indicates
that it is required.

Timothy D. Gilmore | SAIC
Senior Test Engineer | ILPSG | NIMS SC | NIMS STEP
phone: 606.274.2063 | fax: 606.274.2025
mobile: 606.219.7882 | email: gilmoret@us.saic.com

From: Gilmore, Timothy
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:32 AM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: IPAWS Profile Discrepancy

All,

One of our engineers wanted me to pass along some information about
another IPAWS Profile issue:

CAP 1.2 specifies that the <info> element is optional (presumably, a
"cancel," "update," "error," or "acknowledgement" alert could use the
<references> element to specify a previous alert), and the IPAWS Profile
document doesn't say otherwise.  The IPAWS Profile *schema*, however,
makes the <info> element *required*.

Which is correct?

Thanks,

Timothy D. Gilmore | SAIC
Senior Test Engineer | ILPSG | NIMS SC | NIMS STEP
phone: 606.274.2063 | fax: 606.274.2012
mobile: 606.219.7882 | email: gilmoret@us.saic.com