Subject: Re: CAP and DE

I lost Rex’s recent email regarding the relationship between CAP and DE, and what to do or not do regarding users of CAP alone.

This is clearly an important discussion topic for the DE meeting, and for me it’s partly an issue of upgrade path for existing users of CAP.  Every standard goes through new major versions, and users plan and implement their upgrade path.  Since DE 2.0 capabilities may be the solution to some of the CAP requirements or shortcomings going forward, we need to seriously consider whether the “DE with CAP” IS the upgrade path as a package, or whether we want to maintain a separate path for EDXL-CAP alone, a profile, whatever.

Best,

Tim