Subject: Re: [emergency] Fwd: [sahana-discuss] Fwd: [Person Finder] PFIF discussion list

I'm not sure if they're aware of NENA or NIEM.

PFIF is led by Ka-Ping Yee from Google, and of course Google is responsible for hosting the people finder apps such as the Chile one below. The Sahana Software Foundation has also been coordinating with them for a while, as we've been able to consume PFIF and import those records into Sahana Eden.

On 2010-10-22, at 01:38 , Timothy Grapes wrote:
> Carl, our practitioner Tracking of Emergency Clients effort (TEC) will get into this and we want to be sure to RE-USE where applicable vs. reinvent.  TEC gets into info sharing and tracking of all evacuation victims, lost person finding, family reunification, regulation (logistics-oriented) and a couple other functional areas.  We have all the info from NIH/NLH – google adopted; people finder, Haiti usage etc.

I agree. I've signed up to the PFIF list and have already said as much. I'd probably encourage others that are interested in TEC to also consider signing up as there will not doubt be some useful discussions to be had, and long term I'd hope to see PFIF merge into TEC so we don't have a proliferation of competing standards.

Cheers Gavin