Subject: Common Components - Next Meeting - RIM Thursday

For those interested in participating, we're using the RIM meeting on Thursday to continue our TC-wide focus on generating the common components. If you are interested, please join us.  Some status info is provided below.

The RIM meeting time and call-in info is here: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/event.php?event_id=28195

--Jeff

The common components include Common Types, CIQ Profile and SimpleFeatures Profile. For each, we will have a schema and a document, which are "working drafts" until approved by the EM TC and then they become "committee specification drafts". They will then be accessible in a publicly-available repository where EM TC and subcommittees can use them and reference them in individual specifications. These common components are intended for internal use in our own specifications, not for independent use by the public, so the documents will not proceed to public review. They will stay "committee specification drafts". We can update them and approve them as many times as needed.

The current status is that we are reviewing the schema and document for Common Types. The schema is EDXL_Common_Types_ver03.xsd in the zip file at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/download.php/40572/DE_2.0_DraftSchema_v3.zip. The document is at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-if/download.php/41384/edxl-ct-v1.0-wd01-JW-2.odt.  A new version of the document will change the type names to end with the word "Type". Otherwise the PersonTimePair and the WeatherInfo are being considered for removal since they may not be as reusable as first thought. Please review the document and provide feedback as needed. You can edit as you see fit, turning on track changes, add your initials to the title, and post where these other documents are located. The next version of the document and schema will add the "Type" names, we'll consider any other changes at the RIM meeting on Thursday and have a fixed draft for approval at our next Infrastructure meeting on Tuesday.

Lew and Tim are working on a SimpleFeatures profile schema and document.  Don has already provided a CIQ profile and I'm hoping to have a draft document to go with it soon.

Thanks.