Subject: NIEM/EDXL Proposals in Support of DHS Funding

Hi Everyone,

Please excuse the duplication, but I used the wrong reply address for OASIS lists. Otherwise this message is what was delivered to the personal inboxes of the addresses I have dropped from this mailing.

Elysa, we discussed the issues around your effort to re-engage DHS S&T and we decided it would be a quick, easy WIN if we could show how EDXL and NIEM can work together since we are still seeing people assume that these two efforts are competitors.Doug Allport noted that he had spoken with Robert Griffin(?) under whose direction S&T funding currently falls, and you and Doug can fashion an approach that will provide him with the easy WIN he needs to get S&T back on track with us.

It turns out, as you might recall, that Lee Tincher wrote a White Paper which could be the basis for showing how NIEM and EDXL can work together. Gary Ham had several key comments that will almost certainly avoid some pitfalls if we are careful in that regard. I suggested that a demonstration in addition to a White paper ought to be especially effective. If Tim's group could pull that rabbit out their hat, it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Doug Allport had a suggestion involving profiles which might work with the upcoming RIM SC work on profiles. I would suggest that Tim Grapes and you, Elysa, would probably be the most knowledgeable about how to pull this together. I suggested that we take this to the EM Adoption TC and engage the Collateral and Documents SC for the White Paper portion of the combined effort.

If I have missed anything from today's very active discussion, I encourage any of you whom I have copied with this message, to point it out. Clearly, we should take advantage of next week's Collateral and Documents meeting at noon Eastern on Tuesday the 26th to discuss this.

Email: rexb@starbourne.com
GeoAddress:
1361 Addison St. Apt. A
Berkeley, CA 94702