Subject: Preparations for the EM-TC meeting

Friends,

Our subcommittees have been busy at work and have developed some good material for your review and discussion at our next meeting – this Tues.   You should be aware of the following activities:

DE-2.0.  You are all aware that the DE2.0 WD09 is in final stages of internal review with anticipated vote in the near term for public review.  However, there has been some additions and now a WD10 has been posted for SC review.  The SC has not yet voted this to the TC for consideration but I wanted you to be aware of the work coming our way as there is a new concept introduced.  Well, not really new as it has been utilized already in CAP and the Canadian Profile.  Doug posted an email summarizing the importance of layers which can be found at (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url="">).  Jeff has incorporated this concept into the DE 2.0 WD10.  He has also updated the DE Basics White Paper with the layer concept providing additional clarification at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/46851/DE_2.0_Basics_Draft_ver_10.doc.  The full WD10 zip file can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/download.php/46846/edxl-de-v2.0-wd10.zip.  Please be aware of this additional material that has been added to the specification.  Feel free to join the IF-SC the hour prior to the EM-TC call to bring up any issues or discuss the concept.  The SC will decide the next action on the work and whether it is time to recommend it to the EM-TC.

RIM.  The RIM SC has also been active and is pondering the layer concept.  They will be proposing a change to EDXL Common Types to support “layers.”  You might like to review Norms posting at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency-rim/document.php?document_id=46833 to be prepared for further discussion.

RM.  An error has been found in the RM spec and an errata will be needed.  The Msg/Not-SC will hold a brief meeting after the EM-TC to discuss the next steps in this process.

We will address these topics, our usual SC reports, and other business.  Thank you all for the work you do to support free and open standards for emergency management and disaster response!

Cheers,

Elysa