Subject: EDXL DE v1.0 Document Issues

We received a question from a developer using our EDXL DE reference implementation.  It was related to the two examples in the DE v1.0 specification(http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-de/v1.0/EDXL-DE_Spec_v1.0.pdf): B.1 and B.2.  Both examples seem to have issues with them.

B.1 EDXL-DE with CAP Payload

·         Missing required combinedConfidentiality element

·         targetArea / polygon element has an extra space at the end of the polygon string, which throws parsing off

·         alert/info/area/polygon element also has an extra space at the end of the polygon string, which throws parsing off

B.2 EDXL-DE with Multiple Encrypted Payloads

·         targetArea/subdivision element uses the wrong value: California, According to section 3.2.2 targetArea Element and Sub-elements, the subdivision value must be “the ISO 3166-2 designator for the administrative subdivision concerned”

o   The value should be US-CA instead of California

Brian M Wilkins

Senior Software Systems Engineer

The MITRE Corporation

Brian M Wilkins