Subject: FW: CAP Implementation Workshop (June 2014, Sri Lanka)

Please find the details for the 2014 CAP workshop from Eliot below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian, Eliot [mailto:echristi@usgs.gov]
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2013 9:37 AM
To: Elysa Jones

The next CAP Implementation Workshop will be 17-18 June 2014, in Negombo,
Sri Lanka (just north of Colombo). This Workshop is associated with a
convention focused on the 10th anniversary of the Indian Ocean Tsunami, and
the Workshop website is at
http://www.iotxconvention.org/events/cap-implementation-workshop

As usual, this Workshop will be a technical meeting conducted in English
without interpretation. There will be no charge to participate in the CAP
Implementation Workshop and everyone is expected to cover their own travel
expenses.

This is an exciting time to be dealing with alerting enabled by the CAP
standard (ITU-T Recommendation X.1303). We see CAP implementations already
in production in many countries while many other countries are actively
engaged in implementing CAP. And, major online media and technology
companies are showing their strong commitments to promote and support CAP.

If you have CAP implementation experiences or insights to share, please let
me know whether you might like to be one of our presenters.
I understand it may be too early for you to make a final commitment but I
would like to hear of your potential interest in speaking at the Workshop.

Please forward this information to all persons and mailing lists that may
have an interest in CAP implementation.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Eliot Christian

FYI, Presentations and reports of the previous CAP Implementation Workshops
(2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006) are posted at these links respectively:
http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/amp/pwsp/CAP_2013_en.htm
http://events.oasis-open.org/home/cap/2012/infodocuments
http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/ISS/Meetings/WIS-CAP_Geneva2011/DocPlan.ht
ml