Subject: Proposed agenda items for our next TM TC meeting 3-15-14

I have the following items I'd like to propose for discussion at our next EM-TC meeting:

Item 1. Approval of TEC Client Registry Exchange v 1.0 specification: last_known_address element:

The current EM-TEC Client Registry Exchange spec already supports the ability for automated tools to be able to input the last known location of a client in WGS84 coordinates. To make this clearer, updated the language of the last_known_location field, as follows (changed to the original text in bold):

last_known_location (Unicode string, optional):
A free-form description of the last known location of the person, which can be expressed as geographical coordinates. To specify geographic coordinates in this field, give the latitude in decimal degrees (positive for north), then a comma, then the longitude in decimal degrees (positive for east) . If this field is present, the text field of this note (the next field listed below) should describe HOW the person's location was determined .

text (Unicode string, required):
Free-form text description of the person's current condition, situation and location details, where they were last seen, corrections to other information, and so on. In entry forms, a multi-line text box is appropriate for this field.

Item 2. Discussion of the following issues on the JIRA CAP 1.3/2.0 Issues List (listed under the EDXL CAP project -- we borrowed the CAP AU project, so these have "CAP-AU" as the abbreviated title).

Note that we ask all members to send written comments on this issue to the list to emergency@lists.oasis-open.org (you can reply response to this email). These comments will be copied to JIRA, which will collect all comments prior to a final vote on an issue by the TC.

  1. Improvement CAPAU-3Process to approve ASN format
  2. Improvement CAPAU-2alert.info.instruction size restriction
  3. Improvement CAPAU-1alert.info.event size restriction
  4. Improvement CAPAU-4alert.info.headline/description change from optional to required

Thanks,

Tony Mancuso