Subject: FW: Proposed edit to EDXL-TEP-v1.1

Friends,
I am forwarding this email and attachment to the emergency list on behalf of Tim Grapes.  Please review these changes needed for TEP 1.1 for discussion during our meeting 4/17/2018.
Thanks,
Elysa

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Grapes <Tim.Grapes@ijis.org>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 2:20 PM
To: elysajones@yahoo.com

Elysa,
See the rejection notice below - could you forward this on my behalf?

To the OASIS EM-TC:
We recently discovered references in this EDXL-TEP specification to TEP “1.0” which should have been changed to “1.1”.  Below are the sections for quick reference, and attached is a copy of the document showing these changes redlined.  For the moment I named the redlined document “edxl-tep-v1.1-cs02” until the committee decides on appropriate naming convention.  I would like to add this to tomorrow’s EM-TC agenda for review and vote.
1.11  Supporting Elements (non-normative)
1.11.1  Common Types
Supporting Element Types borrow re-usable elements from the EDXL Common Types (ct:) that apply to and support multiple areas of the TEP 1.0 messages, such as Location, PatientContact etc..

4	Conformance
An [XML 1.0] instance, referenced in section 1.5 Normative References, that begins with the <TEPMessage> as its root element is a conforming EDXL-TEP-v1.0 Message if and only if:
a) it meets the general requirements specified in Section 4;
b) its [namespace], referenced in section 1.5 Normative References, name is "urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:tep:1.0", and it is valid according to the schema located at http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/edxl-tep-v1.0/edxl-tep-v1.0.xsd
c) its [namespace], referenced in section 1.5 Normative References name is "urn:oasis:names:tc:emergency:edxl:tep:1.0", and its content (which includes the content of each of its descendants) meets all the additional mandatory requirements provided in the specific subsection of Section 4 corresponding to the element’s name, as defined in Constraints.
Note: Only messages that fully comply with the EDXL-TEP specification and that are complete and schematically valid, may be referred to as a “TEP Message”.

Best,
Tim

Timothy Grapes
Lead Technical Architect
tel: 703.304.4829 | fax: 703.726.3557 | www.ijis.org
44983 Knoll Square | Ashburn, VA |20147 IJIS Institute | Realize the Power of Information

Save the Date
August 15-16, 2018, IJIS Institute Mid-Year Briefing, Denver, CO
	Join the conversation on LinkedIn: Justice & Public Safety Information Sharing Group, IJIS Institute Group, Standards Coordinating Council
Signup as an IJIS Institute Member (industry) or for FREE Associate status (government, educators, non-profits)