Subject: HAVE 2.0: Requesting a Special Majority Vote to approve a CS with Non-Material Changes

During final publication review of HAVE 2.0, we discovered that the HL7 example messages in Appendix B.2.3 were missing.  Apparently lost due to a file upload error.  While not essential to the specification, the examples are useful for implementers and there are 3 empty section headers in Appendix B.2.3. Changing a balloted CS normally requires another ballot.  However, these examples are non-material (non-normative) content: they provide guidance to, but do not constrain, implementers.  In this case, we have been advised that we can update HAVE 2.0 to contain the examples through a Special Majority Vote to approve a CS with Non-Material Changes.

This email serves as notice to Emergency Management TC and EM HAVE SC that we are requesting TC Admin to hold a Special Majority Vote to approve a CS with Non-Material Changes in order to update HAVE 2.0 to include examples.

HAVE 2.0 updated with the examples is available in OASIS Emergency Managements documents as edxl-have-v2.0-csprd03+example.doc. The examples include (B.2.3.1) a message to establish a subscription (to receive a single report or on-going reports), (B2.3.2) a HAVE report in response to a subscription, and (B2.3.3) a message to cancel a subscription.

Scott M Robertson

Principal Technology Consultant

PharmD, RPh, FHL7, GISP, CISSP

Kaiser Permanente
Technology Risk Office | Health IT Strategy & Policy
310-200-0231 (office)

tro.kp.org

kp.org/thrive

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT:  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them.  Thank you.