Subject: Fwd: 2020 CAP Implementation Workshop, 29-30 September in Geneva

Dear EMTC members:

FYIÂÂ

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS
Advancing open data, code and standards for the global information society https://www.oasis-open.org/staffÂ

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eliot Christian <eliot.j.christian@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 11:49 AM
To: Eliot Christian <eliotchristian@earthlink.net>

The free CAP Implementation Workshop (29-30 September in Geneva, Switzerland) is open to anyoneÂinvolved in emergency alertingÂand interested in the international standardÂCommon Alerting Protocol (CAP). (If you are not familiar withÂCAP,Âa 15-minute video is atÂhttps://youtu.be/BjCl_jU6Dm0Â.)ÂÂ

The WorkshopÂis described inÂthis flyerÂand furtherÂdetails are at theÂWorkshopÂwebsiteIf you haveÂCAPÂimplementationÂexperiences or insights to share, please let theÂWorkshopÂProgram Committee know (by e-mail to me:Âeliot.j.christian@gmail.comÂ) that you want to give one of the 20-minute presentations.

Given the current pandemic situation, let me know if you would like to help craft a CAP example for public alerts concerning COVID-19. Also, if you know any National Disaster Management Organizations involved in public alerting for emergencies, please check if I have the right NDMO name inÂthis list.

Please share this note with discussion lists and individuals that share an interest in emergency alerting.

Eliot Christian