Subject: Endorsement - GDC

Friends,

Eliot Christian sent me this link and asked if our organization would write a similar endorsement regarding the use of CAP and all dissemination methods available.  Have a look at the Global Digital Compact Emergency Warning Services in the Global Digital Compact (gdc-ews.s3.amazonaws.com) .  Eliot’s text is provided below followed by my OASIS EMTC endorsement.

Eliot’s text:

Alert-Hub.Org CIC (Alert-Hub.Org)
Alert-Hub.Org CIC (Community Interest Company) urges the Global Digital Compact to include this assertion, reflecting the humanitarian imperative that everyone in harm's way receive warnings via all possible media. Wherever feasible, the key facts in emergency warnings should use the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP), ITU-T X.1303. This aligns with the goal of Alert-Hub.Org: to help countries assure that people in harm's way get timely and effective emergency alerts so they can protect lives and livelihoods
16 March 2023 by: Eliot Christian, Chief Executive Officer

OASIS Endorsement:

OASIS Open Emergency Management Technical Committee urges the Global Digital Compact to include this assertion, reflecting the humanitarian imperative that everyone in harm's way receive warnings via all possible media. Wherever feasible, the key facts in emergency warnings should use the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP), ITU-T X.1303.  CAP allows for all hazards to benefit from all dissemination technologies using authenticated messaging to save lives and protect property.

In the interest of time, I have sent this to Eliot but we can update if needed in the next couple of weeks.  Please respond with any suggestions.

Thanks,

Elysa